Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Movies I've Seen

I think I saw more movies in the last 90 days than I have in the last 3 years. In case you care here's my stack ranked order of awesome and quickie reviews:

1. X-Men: First Class - great especially if you judge it based on the information given in movie. Yes, Magneto is the hero and Prof. X is kind of an ass-hole. Everyone complaining that the end leaves us with a very white, male X-Men and a diverse Brotherhood misses the point. The X-Men can preach peace and co-existence with humans because they can hide their mutancy.

2. Bridesmaids - shocked and stunned by how much I liked it. Very much like the hang-over but more real. Dissenting opinion from Mrs. Darth Tubbs who was disturbed and shocked by the gutter humor. Keep in mind, she is way classier than I am.

3. Thor - I saw this one three times. Kicked ass. And Mrs. PruDog liked it too! No word from Mrs. Darth Tubbs. What does it say about me that I thought Loki had a legitate gripe, even if he was a complete nutjob by the end.

4. Green Lantern - good, not great. Certainly better than any of the Transformers movies. I think this one suffers from too many people bringing too much baggage to it.

5. Battlefield LA - great man-date material. I learned that when it hits the fan, all you need is Harvey Dent and some kick-ass marines. Thank god the aliens forgot how to hide behind stuff about 2/3rds of the way in.

6. Transformers 3 sucked. I understand that Michael Bay objectifies everything but my god man. You are a Grade A asshole. My respect for Megan Fox actually went up after she left the movie over his desire to tart her up more than she was comfortable with. MEGAN FOX. Seriously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home