Monday, April 26, 2010

That wasn't throwing you under the bus...

It's amazing how vested some people are in never admitting they made a mistake. I had an exhausting conversation at work because one person said something in frustration. When they were called on it, rather than just saying "I said this, but didn't mean it" the person is doubling down on claiming they never said it to begin with and I am lying about what they said.

It's exhausting and I don't understand the end game. Both of us know the person said it. Sure, it's he said / she said everywhere else but they need me to get their job done and now they're burning that bridge. And for what? Like I said, simply saying "I didn't mean this" is easy. And there really isn't any practical consequence to that.

Strange.

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, April 27, 2010 8:14:00 AM, Blogger Martin Criminale said...

People are nuts... it's like once they have made the decision to lie, the emotional investment in the lie seems overwhelming. Kinda like the inertia of a relationship that has gone to hell but you persist until WAY past the point when it makes any sense. It does drive me insane.

The damage control if you own up now is much, much less than down the road.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home