Monday, April 19, 2010

Learn something new everyday

Today I learned that a lot of people are pissed off that Kenny is racing Seward. Including me! Some are considering sending letters to cyclingnews.com and velonews.com about it. Not me! But I am pretty sure if those got printed USADA would notice.

I also learned that if a cyclist serving a suspension for doping races an unsanctioned race USADA considers that cause to either restart the ban or else convert it to a life-time ban. And they won't send him a warning first either.

If Kenny is done with racing in USACycling races then it doesn't matter. On the otherhand, if he was serious about seeking redemption someone might want to suggest to him that manning up and serving the suspension is the way to go.

F&^%. Give me his phone number and I'll even do it for you.

3 Comments:

At Monday, April 19, 2010 1:14:00 PM, Blogger Martin Criminale said...

Send a letter...? Seems kind of gutless or passive/aggressive to me. At least making a phone call takes responsibility.

But why do people have so much time to police one local, amateur bicycle race when there are so many more important things going on? Like the new aggressive panhandling ordinance that is about to get passed in Seattle by one power-hungry political candidate gunning for mayor. Or the despicable condition of mass transit in our region. Or our public schools insurmountable debt. Or the lack of accommodations at employers like the UW for bicycle commuters. Hell, if cycling is important and you like writing letters, how about writing the Mercer Island Council Members and letting them know what a bunch of scared, sheltered little children they really are.

What's that you say? If you come across as confrontational you don't usually get results or make friends?

Guess what, you're right.

 
At Monday, April 19, 2010 2:24:00 PM, Blogger P-Dog said...

If you mean why send a letter to cyclingnews.com instead of calling Kenny directly.. well actually I don't view that as passive aggresive. I view it as a lot of work. But Kenny broke the rules, not the people mad at him. I don't think it's their responsibility to confront him. It's his responsibility to keep his nose clean. (That said, I did get Kenny's email address and let him know what I was told).

The only issue I have are with people who talk a big game in private and then back down in public.

As for the relative social value of policing Kenny vs. other stuff.. that's up to the individual.

And finally I don't think anyone is trying to persuade Kenny of anything. And I doubt Kenny really cares what I think either.

 
At Tuesday, April 20, 2010 12:10:00 AM, Blogger justfivegrins said...

This is going to hurt my "I believe Kenny" t-shirt business.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home