Tuesday, June 16, 2009

CNBC's Stupid Hurts My Brain

I don't watch CNBC on anything like a regular basis. So my sample size of programs there is pretty low. But it seems to be on in Bldg 36 24 x 7 and every once in awhile I find myself eating there and.. well I end up amazed by Teh Stupid.

Has anyone on that channel ever taken even a high school math class? I mean it's not just that they don't know what the frack they are talking about at a technical level. But they can barely put together a coherent thought or point from sentence to sentence.

In some ways I actually find it worse than Fox cause at least Fox is a party propoganda machine and does have a coherent world view.

Beyond that, the other thing I noticed is that every tease was marketed with apocolyptic rhetoric:

Iran's election were teased as "Is an Apocolyptic confrontation brewing in the most heavily armed region of the world"? "Will Obama destroy healthcare".

I agree with Yglesias: cable news along with talk radio is a real blight on our discource.

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, June 17, 2009 2:07:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude ... have you gone to the borg?

-- Chris B

 
At Thursday, June 18, 2009 1:15:00 PM, Blogger P-Dog said...

I have not joined Wines of Washington. Ha! I know you mean MSFT.

Nah, I am working for VMC as a PM and am assigned to MSFT right now. Which I know often is an indirect way of working for MSFT. But I am a VMC employee.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home