Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Interesting Strategy

Roger Clemens is on Capitol Hill helping congress deal with the earth shaking problem of illegal warrantless wiretapping... oh sorry.. performance enhancing drugs in baseball.

Anyway, it seems Pettite has claimed in a sworn deposition that Clemens told Pettite that Clemens had used HGH. Now as I read the transcript I can't help but notice that the logical conclussion of Clemen's tortured explanation of how Pettite is misremembering the conversation and not lying is that Pettite himself has never used HGH. Cause, you see, if Pettite had used HGH he would have talked to Clemens about it first.

When I just heard your statement and Andy's statement about that he also injected himself, I was shocked. I had no idea that Andy Pettitte had used HGH.

My problem with what Andy says, and why I think he misremembers is that if Andy Pettitte knew that I had used HGH or I had told Andy Pettitte that I had used HGH before he would use the HGH, what have you, he would have come to me and asked me about it. That's how close our relationship was.

And then, when he did use it, I'm sure he would have told me that he used it. And I say that for the fact that we also used a product called Hydroxycut and ThermaCore. It had ephedra in it, from what I understand to be a natural tree root. I believe ephedra was banned at some -- 2004, something of that nature. A player in Baltimore passed away because of it.

Andy and I talked openly about this product, and so there's no question in my mind that we would have talked -- if he knew that I had tried or done HGH, which I did not, he would have come to me to ask me those questions.


Setting aside the circular reasoning involved, this would only work as a defense if Clemen's were saying Pettite was lying. He's not. He's acknowledged that Pettite believed Clemens took HGH. He is arguing that Pettite's belief is based on a misunderstanding of a statement Clemens made about someone else.

Read here and see if you agree....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home