Thursday, January 24, 2008

Old Dude 1 - Truck 0

Old Dude (no not you OAD) invited me to join him on a ride yesterday. Now, many of you know I am now fat and slow (and happily so), so I figured what the hell could possibly happen? Sure, Old Dude is famed for crashing in every crit he has ever done but at slow speeds on a training ride what could go wrong?

Little did I know Old Dude isn't the natural he claims to be. He actually does crashing drills. Sadly, his victim for today was the driver of a tractor trailer. Now, Old Dude is really good. Sure, we were riding down a long stretch of road with uninterupted right of way. And sure, the driver had a stop sign. And sure, that stop sign means you have to stop *and* wait until you can safely enter the lane without impeding oncoming traffic. But damnit, we saw him stopped and everyone knows the real rules of the road make it clear that bikes have to stop for trucks even if the bikes have right of way. I mean, what was he supposed to do, wait the extra 3 seconds for the lane to actually be clear?

Old Guy, you suck.

My only regret is that despite the drivers very clear and articulate argument that he had stopped and therefore had the god given right to proceed despite the law the cops sided with Old Guy. Dammit.

And now Old Guy gets a new powertap, courtesy of semi guy.

Well I guess all I can say is Old Guy.. I salute you.

4 Comments:

At Thursday, January 24, 2008 9:15:00 AM, Blogger justfivegrins said...

I was aiming for that left rear wheel on purpose & you know it! I needed to upgrade my PowerTap and will do anything. BTW I have a job opening here for you if you're interested - http://wasteconnections.com/employment/Washington/route_driver.html

 
At Thursday, January 24, 2008 8:18:00 PM, Blogger Argentius said...

Whatev, you come down to my neighborhood and don't even call me?

I know that we all know what let's just be friends means, pdog, but I call you whenever I'm in your neighborhood and drunk in the middle of the night and ...

Er, no, wait.

Hang on a minute.

 
At Friday, January 25, 2008 10:59:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, I suggested bragging about your team, not reminding me of your rider that took out my whole team at Market Street two years ago.

 
At Friday, January 25, 2008 1:11:00 PM, Blogger P-Dog said...

Yo rob happy now?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home