Monday, January 08, 2007

Ohop: Looking good!


The preride of the Ohop course revealed pain and suffering in your future! What you say? That's right. Pain. And Suffering. Yoda would not be pleased. But I ain't Yoda.

The course, which is meant as an homage to Omloop Het Volk, is more cobble-like. The rains have levelled the course and there are significantly fewer potholes. So you can take a bad line and power it.

The big obstacle I forsee is the dirt section right after the small stream. As riders know, a small stream maybe 1/2 inch deep by 3 inches wide runs over the course. It is no issue, but about 2 feet past is a section of dirt which is not the course type the rest of the course is made of. It looks to me like this could get muddy.

The Muur will still be the decider. Ouch, it will hurt.

And no one won, it was just a pre-ride. Shut up Eric!

2 Comments:

At Monday, January 08, 2007 10:37:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang...unfortunately I'll be out of town that week...I'm missing it two years in a row!htt

 
At Monday, January 08, 2007 11:30:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I doubt I'll even have a bike by then. Trek is notorious for their late deliveries. Anybody got a spare 60cm cross bike?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home