Friday, August 04, 2006

Axley Factory Team Ride 411

OK hombres. Despite my erratic schedule I've set up some team rides. We'll be leaving from University Village Zoka at 9am (so get there an hour early if you want coffee cause the line alone takes 45 minutes) on Saturday and Sunday. Craig "Grouchman" Hetherington will lead some rides, I'll lead others. Usually we'll both be there. Craig is being paid one pack of clif shot so be nice, he may be malnourushed and cranky.

normal rules apply: helmet, working bike, water, food, a winning smile.

We have 4-5 hot spot sprints, with the days winner getting the Axley Ciclimino jersey Saturdays and the Pink jersey Sundays. (No attacks or sprints allowed until 500 mtrs to the signs).

Now no fighting over points or Double C will have to play the how long can you fight when Double C is beating you game.

Later

Updated 8/04: rides are open to whomever wants to join us providing they come prepared.

5 Comments:

At Friday, August 04, 2006 11:44:00 AM, Blogger Old as dirt said...

Are these closed rides? Don't know when I might make it, but I sounds like a good option. And you know I'll be no threat for the sprint jersey, if it's restricted to the last 500m. I need at least 50 miles to get up to speed!!

 
At Friday, August 04, 2006 2:45:00 PM, Blogger P-Dog said...

you are welcome to join us. the more the merrier. just keep in mind i jabber on rides like a 13 year old girl with her dad's cell phone. tubbs will vouch.

 
At Friday, August 04, 2006 4:25:00 PM, Blogger Old as dirt said...

You can't talk as much as Lez Korcala, know he talks all the time.
I should be out in Sept sometime when there's no more racing...is nearly over, already?? Can't wait for 2007 when I'll be in the racing for 40 years group ; -)

 
At Sunday, August 06, 2006 3:54:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I start to show up and happen to get the jersey - is that WSBA sanctioned? Can I wear it in other group rides or races? Does it get me a call up at the start of crits?

 
At Monday, August 07, 2006 1:41:00 PM, Blogger P-Dog said...

Those are good questions. At the very least it should get you some guest appearences on leno. but be warned, WADA may show up and demand you pee into a cup if you show too much of that dominating sprint....

And has anyone noticed that the word verification is really hard to read....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home