Sunday, July 30, 2006

We are all Ninjas

So Stage 6 came and went. Chad Nikolz jumped in the car with me so we could feed Broadmark as well as the Axley USA Super Hyper Hit Squad Go. In retrospect, this may have been more energy than a Chevy Van can contain. While Rad was a calming influence Chad and I fed off each others energy as well as 16 Red Bulls for an exciting day. A very exciting day.

Other then locking up the brakes at 60 mph and nearly killing Team Mesa's caravan car the race was mild until Blue Knob Mark II. Then the field exploded. Chad was passing out water and power hand-offs like candy. We found Trevor and debated if it was ethical to pull him to the front at 60 mph. Chad almost had me conviced when Trevor, perhaps fearing for his life, let go. We found Adam as well. The dude was fighting through Stage 7 of on eof the hardest US Cycling Races. And he'd only been Cat 2 for 2 weeks.

Derik's cage broke, dropping him from the main group. We took the cage and tried to help him up but he decided to wait for Trevor. We got up to the field and found Lang and Omer. After feeding the whole group (with minor preference given to Axley, BMark and Priority Health) we sped up to chase 4 were we found Nick. We were then deputized by the race as comm 4 and told to stay with the chase. Dude, you are all DQ'd for not waiting for Lang and Omer! Take that. It was crazy. But, you probably had to be there.

Today we are all Ninjas. Trevor and Adam missed the cut for the crit but Derik, Omer and Lang have plans to pulll off the upset.

Stepping back I am proud of these guys. Our GC results aren't great but we made it through with all our riders. I think with a little more savvy/experience we could have gone better. We got caught out in some crashes maybe we could have avoided. Derik's mechanical is a lesson learned. I know I learned a lot about driving. Like never do it again. Omer's leadership was invaluable, even when it came at 60 mph viia 2 middle fingers extended in my direction :) And I think we might be having the most fun. So eat that Toyota United.

I can't wait to get home and see my wife and kid though, and I miss my bike too.

8 Comments:

At Sunday, July 30, 2006 5:52:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Allow me to Start



There once was a king whose name was Dionysius. He was so unjust and cruel that he won himself the name of tyrant. He knew that almost everybody hated him, and so he was always in dread lest some one should take his life.
But he was very rich, and he lived in a fine palace where there were many beautiful and costly things, and he was waited upon by a host of servants who were always ready to do his bidding. One day a friend of his, whose name was Damocles, said to him -
"How happy you must be! You have here everything that any man could wish."
"Perhaps you would like to trade places with me," said the tyrant.
"No, not that, O king!" said Damocles; "but I think that, if I could only have your riches and your pleasures for one day, I should not want any greater happiness."



More to come if you wish?

 
At Sunday, July 30, 2006 5:59:00 PM, Blogger UltraMick said...

A briefer comment: PR on Tuesday will be so tame as to seem deadly dull....

 
At Sunday, July 30, 2006 6:44:00 PM, Blogger P-Dog said...

it won't be dull for me. it'll probably be my first ride since last Sunday! but, the memories will last forever and it will be great to be back with the familiar crowd.

 
At Sunday, July 30, 2006 7:18:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you forgot to mention the most exciting part of the day

 
At Sunday, July 30, 2006 10:56:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What will make Tuesday tame?

 
At Monday, July 31, 2006 5:14:00 AM, Blogger P-Dog said...

what was the most exciting part? when we got done:-P

 
At Wednesday, August 02, 2006 2:29:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most exciting was squeezing between you and the Kiwi guy in the last 300 meters. I had some good shoulder lean going on with both sides.

 
At Wednesday, August 02, 2006 5:00:00 PM, Blogger P-Dog said...

I was wondering what happened there. i guess the popular move would have been to through down and fight right there. Cat 5 style. nevertheless i totally dominated the sprint for 36th.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home