Thursday, June 22, 2006

The Sweet Pain makes me Cry

Amazingly, The Hedgehog, El Gato and Omer made it into to Reno just an hour or so behind us. After getting host housing squared away and chatting with the Priority Health guys (Axley is their eyewear sponsor) we flicked Derik and Omer to have dinner with Lance from Sinclair (Ridley Bikes). Lance likes to put on a show and definitely took care of us as well as Priority and Broadmark. It was a neverending feast of Italian food.

Product plug: Ridley bikes rock. Go buy one.

The TT was short and sweet, 3 miles. Up hill then downhill then sprint uphill. I took it slow, came is 1:58 off the winning time (try to go slower!) and still ended up balled in pain. 2 hours later I am still hacking.

Little Tommy Zirbil(Priority Health) screamed the stage to win in 6:02. Now I got to track down the photographer and see if I can get a shot for our '07 catalogue. Derik didn't make the top 10 but he shouldn't be that far off... his time was around 6:22. I hope he was wearing Raptors....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home