Friday, June 23, 2006

Stage 2: In which PruDog takes many kicks to the head

The Crit was not what I was expecting.. I had good start position but rather than sprinting to the corner lining out and sprinting to the next corner it was pretty smooth. More like a Time Trial...

Unfortunately I got caught behind a crash on lap 2 slid back, got caught in the slow down from another and then barely missed a 3rd right in front of me. None were horrible, but digging even 2% more popped me right over my limit and I ended up sliding out the back. I got pulled maybe 15 minutes in... after quite a few pro guys. i think about 2/3 of the field got pulled by 15 to go....

Hopefully I'll do better Saturday now that I know what to expect. Jonny did great, got some shout outs from the P.A.. Little Tommy Zirbel (Priority Health) was looking good until he blew a tire and took off most of his skin. He's planning to line up today.... they call him Thor's Hammer for a reason.

Morgan Schmidt (Broadmark) is holding the Young Riders jersey.. good job on that.

I'll be recieving some more brutal body blows today.. 100 degree and 100 miles. Yum.

1 Comments:

At Friday, June 23, 2006 9:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stop complaining - You're racing. I'm at work at 9:15 on a Friday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home