Thursday, March 02, 2006

My Head Hurts

I woke up yesterday morning in full denial that I am sick. My throat hurt, my head hurt. I had trouble sleeping. But like all good athletes, I went out and trained anyway. The first 2 hours were fine; I even hooked up with Adrian Hagervy from Recycled Cycles. We road out to Herb Farm were I turned back. About 5 minutes later the wheels completely came off. I am not sure how I made it back home. My HR was at Lactate Threshold in my 39x21. As soon as I got home I passed out on the couch. 3 hours of riding reduced me to a quivering ball of jelly.

So instead of a productive work day and a 4 hour ride I am just trying to recover and get as much done as I can. We'll see how I feel tomorrow; I am not going to kill myself to do Mason. The good news for me is that I have the Masters option.. a nice way to get some racing in without over taxing myself.

I also found out elite team sponsor is selling a pimped out TT bike: The Cronus. I certainly won't be getting one this year; I am not fast enough to deserve it (and I already have a Cheetah). But man it is sweet.

Our team runs 2 bike sponsors.. Ridley for the elite team and Torelli for the Development team. The Ridley is honestly the best bike I have ever riden. They are like a Porshe. The price point is much higher than a Torelli, so for the Dev guys it makes sense to get that. But if you are looking for a bike that'll make you the envy of every other weekend warrior or retired racer, plus treat your butt with love and affection.. this is it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home