Tuesday, January 03, 2006

What happened to Slate?

Back in 1998 Slate was a pretty damn good source of info. It had good, intellectually honest writters. Now it has Chris Hitchens and a bunch of typical media hacks. Noah and Selatan seem to be the only really honest ones left.

And back to Hitchens.. Slate's management has to know that he's a compulsive liar. Everytime I've heard him speak he's thrown out a massive lie as the centerpiece of his arguments. For example, in justifying the Iraq war he stated that we had in fact found WMD and referenced the specific study that found them. He decried the main stream media's cover-up of such finds and called it proof that the invasion was justified. What he failed to mention (but was immediately pointed out) was that the WMD in question was found during Gulf War I, 10 years earlier.

I am willing to read writers I know are honest (until they prove they aren't). But I won't waste my time givign the benefit of the doubt to any new writers on Slate because Slate can't be trusted to vet them for honestly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home