Monday, December 26, 2005

Is Raceclean.org the last bastion of integrity?

Or a manifestation of all that's evil in the press?

I don't know. But I have been getting a lot of people lately giving me their 2 cents. The allegations against Todd Wells specifically seems to have stirred up some strong emotions against Raceclean.org. And some people have asked me to ask Raceclean.org to retract or rethink their position. I can't do that. Here's why.

I wouldn't have accused Todd Wells of doping. Because I've never met Todd Wells or have any knowledge that he has doped. But I don't run the raceclean.org site. Nor do I advertise on it or otherwise have any more significant influence over the site than anyone else. If it appears I have influence on the site, it is probably because I do support the general mission of the site (raceclean) and they seem to like me personally. But I am willing to bet if I tried to dictate content I'd get a hardy "F*** off".

Furthermore, even if I was an advertiser, I would not get involved in specific.. editorial discussions. I don't know what evidence they do/don't have regarding Todd Wells. From my Point of View, that's for Todd Wells to find out. If he is in fact clean, he should take it up with Raceclean.org himself. The onus is then on raceclean.org to prove Todd's guilt.

In otherwords, it seems to me there is a process in place to resolve the issue that has nothing to do with me. My involvement wouldn't represent any positive or negative judgement. It'd just be a popularity contest between various people/institutions I know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home