Thursday, December 29, 2005

CycloCross from my perspective

The following editorial is 100% my perspective. It is limited experience, but it is the experience of a business owner who does not race cross but supports cycling in general as well as racing himself.

Last year I had no problems with any actual road cyclists we sponsor. We had a couple issues with guys who ride their bikes and tried to get deals because the race, but I think it's hard to call the actual racers. That was just a hook to to justify a deal.

On the otherhand I have had bad experiences with over 50% of the cyclocross racers who approached me in the last year. These riders have basically all treated us like we owed them something and seem to be genetically incapable of being gracious. And they spend the entire conversation explaining why I would make more money if I invested more in them. But, they are unable to ever explain how.

Anyhow, if you are a cyclocross racer let me suggest a little bit of the following: be polite and don't be demanding. I'd rather sponsor a cyclist who comports themselves well but doesn't win than one who wins and spends their time bitching and moaning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home