Monday, June 20, 2005

Riding and Racing

Saturday was the Flying Wheels Century and like the nucklehead I am, Randy, Craig & I road out to the start, road the century and then road home. 140 miles. Of course the kicker was that I had the State Crit Championship lined up the next day.

I put in 1 good dig at the State Crit, stayed off for about 1 lap and spent the rest in the middle. I could have done more, maybe gone for a flyer later. I kept expecting the pace to ratchet up and my legs to implode. I am sure about half the field can say the same thing. It was a very cool crit, 8 corners. I don't know if I am just way stronger than at Walla Walla or if it was just lower (probablt a combination) but I enjoyed it a lot. The corners were too close to go super fast so the speed stayed lower than I expected. It was a bumpy ride with elbows smackin and wheels overlappin'.

The dude who caused the first and only crash chopped my line with about 7 to go and after I got done yelling at him I think Rob Campbell proceeded to berate him followed by someone else as well.

I can see why the other fields kept falling off.

Flying Wheels was fun. I really enjoy that ride. Having a group was nice, and I felt very strong on the climbs.

I will say this for the 2 jackasses we passed on the ride.

To Super-Go jackass: 1st off, I didn't show up to toe your sorry ass around the course. I am sorry you are slower than us. Randy's wheel is not your wheel. If you want to keep up learn to ride faster. And that National Championship jersey you were wearing? It's a Womens National Championship, and usually it's considered bad form to wear it if you didn't win it. The stripes on my sleeves? Those are from the 3 I actually one. So f-off.

To Microsoft Jackass: I am sorry if you felt it was a tight squeeze when we came by. But, if you hadn't accelerated and tried to drag race us when we were passing you then we wouldn't have come by were we did. So maybe you should consider you actions before verbally assaulting me.

To anyone who gets bent on these rides: If I wanted to yell at or be yelled at I'd race my bike. This is a Rec. ride. Chill out. 99% of the people are there to have fun.

To the Smoking Guy: That cracked me up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home