Saturday, May 07, 2005

Now it's my turn

Well, I attacked as per me plan. Over and over again. I lasted just under half the race which isn't great but it was in plan. I spent about 3/4 of the first 2 laps off the front. I don't know if it hurt anyone (I doubt it) but it hurt me. I would have liked to go longer but I did what the team needed and after that it didn't matter much. And I saved my energy for my personal target: Ohop Trophy. It's my race (I promote it) and it's my kind of race. Short (90 minutes is my guess) and Flat with kinder-block. It isn't a fast race, just a hard race. If I have the legs I had today I think I can win. Of course luck is a big factor. I've placed 2nd and 3rd on the course earlier in the year with much less fitness but a lot of luck (no flats or mechanicals). I think technique plays a huge role on a course like this but sooner or later I will have a flat.. no matter how well i ride the kinders I can't go flat free forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home