Thursday, June 02, 2005

From The Writters Own Ass

Is this really true: http://women.msn.com/1171797.armx?GT1=6592? I ask myself because so much of what is conventional wisdom seems to me to turn out wrong. Obviously, society tells us a guy who would fall for another woman while attached is an ass. But, if as science indicates, love has a lot to do with phermones then isn't it just nature telling him that the new girl is better? And I've never actually seen the supposed studies that supposedly say a guy who leaves a wife/girlfriend once, is likely to do so again. It seems to me (without studies to back it up) that it is just natural selection.

I am in a committed relationship myself, but I wonder how much of this expectation that we love forever is just society? I've often heard the statement that studies show heterosexual couples raise children better. But I've also never seen the supposed studies. (And by that I mean study in the technical term, not bogus studies that don't adhere to scientific methodolgy).

Back to my point, why is the guy a jerk?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home