Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Mission Accomplished

Sometimes a sense of overwhelming confidence is more inportant than actual ability. My legs felt lik crap but I still managed to take out a 2 -up sprint for win #1 of the season at Ohop Trophy. It also moves me up into 1st overall for the Washington Cup. Masters 30+ category. Although I am beginning to feel a bit like a sandbagger. I raced the Cat 1/2 as well, but since only 3 of us actaully showed I can't brag too much about that. I think Chris was more worried about dinging his new cranks than racing and Kerry showed us what years of riding a 53/9-12 gearing will do.

Of course I promptly caught a nice infection Thursday and haven't ridden since. Pacific Raceways will be my first ride since then. The team had a nice weekend: Michael won the Washington State Masters Omnium Championship and Andrew got 4th or 5th in the Pro-1-2 event depending on who is actually a state resident. And Big Doug Reid of Old School S3 is back and riding for us. Finally someone who can sprint :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home