Thursday, April 14, 2011

That's Just, Like, Your Opinion Man

Since traffic to this crappy blog is, like, totally exploding some housekeeping may be in order.

1. Careful Man, There's Trash Talk in Here: If your fee-fees are easily hurt I suggest you go read a different blog. Better yet, stay of the internet. Cause I bring it real delusional, yo! Keep in mind, you're just as likely to get props as get called out so it cuts both ways, even for PruDog.

2. PruDog, you're not wrong, you're just an asshole: On the otherhand, if you are the observant type you'll notice I actually know what I'm talking about. There's a reason the teams I've built kick ass.

3. Swagger, we has it: Racing is hard so it should also be fun. We love us some winning, but we also love racing hard and racing as a team. We know what we're good at, we know that to win a race you have to beat us. That's Swagger. But we also know that if your team races smart too than you can beat us. That's by design. We want to be a positive influence on the overall quality of Master A racing. We'd rather lose a well played race than win by sheer power.

4. We respect teams: Bicycle racing is expensive and takes time. Our team, and this blog, respects riders and teams that ride with a purpose and discipline. No team executes 100% of the time, and riders make tactical mistakes. But, a lot of riders and teams talk a good game but don't even try and make excuses. The classic, of course, is the "I chased down my own rider because I paid $20 and I'm here to get a work out". Now, for each of you that read that and thought PruDog's taking a shot at me.. well you may be surprised to learn that riders have been making that comment since bike racing began. And it's always been an excuse or riders to just ride stupid. If your goal is really to get a work out, then ride at the front or get in breaks instead of waiting to chase your team mates down. This has the added benefit of protecting riders on your team who are riding to win. A good team (not a great) should be able to sit down and make a game plan for any race that maximizes the goals of the riders on the team.

Now you know what to expect. Race on.

2 Comments:

At Thursday, April 14, 2011 8:46:00 AM, Blogger Martin Criminale said...

$20!? You must be crazy. But when you pay $30... I'm just sayin'

 
At Monday, April 18, 2011 8:59:00 AM, Blogger Fatboy said...

Since I havent paid for the last 3 races I cant claim getting my moneys worth. I will just sit in..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home