Monday, July 20, 2009

Thanks for nothing!

Sunday was my second time doing the Byrne's World Championship ride. I am well aware that this is a race from Gene Coulan Park on so I came into it planning to sit in for the forst hour.

That was spectacularly unsuccesfull. Laurent Fignon body double showed up complete with long hair, 1st Rate Mortgage Skinsuit and no helmet. Now, Plenty of people try to pull off one of those looks. Rarely do you see the hat trick.

Maybe he does it so people will laugh at him and then he can take the anger and kill it. Cause that's what he did, causing splits that just never came back together.

I managed to bridge over (why am I bridging in the first 45 minutes of a training ride????) in time to get pummeled for another 45 minutes or so and finally gave up about 3/4 of the way around Mercer.

Of course the kick in the nutz was the LFBD pulled off at the McDonald hill interchange. Thanks for nothing! Just remember people, when you ride hard the only person you hurt is me.

5 Comments:

At Wednesday, July 22, 2009 8:08:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark Pringle (see 1976 Nevada City)can still bring it! It hurts even more seeing toe-clips and downtube shifters.
Keep coming back it works...

 
At Thursday, July 23, 2009 8:45:00 AM, Blogger P-Dog said...

Maybe I'll bring my team so I'll have some worker bees to protect me!

 
At Thursday, July 23, 2009 8:45:00 AM, Blogger P-Dog said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At Thursday, July 23, 2009 9:20:00 AM, Blogger Old as dirt said...

Mark Pringle was the 4th? overall behind a bunch of Russians in the 2 week long Milk Race in England in early 80s.....A real stud.

 
At Thursday, July 23, 2009 11:53:00 AM, Blogger Brian said...

Yeah... much love for the toe clips. He was jealous when he saw how pro I looked though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home