Wednesday, January 17, 2007

That hurt.

So I did 3 heats at CycleU's indoor TT last night. My performance was unspectacular, which isn't surprising given my lack of riding since "The Fall" (tm). What was surprising is how sore my wrist got. Blah blah, wah wah I know. Quit whinging. My surprise is less the specific I am in pain right now as much as the general how bad wrists can hurt whinge. Ask Darth Tubbs. When I broke my collarbone in PDog v. Rabbit (tm) my wrist was sore long after my collarbone healed up. Honestly it took about a year for it to stop hurting.

Oh the human body is a fragile thing.

Southern NV got cancelled. Bummerness. Looks like VoS or 3 days of racing in CA will be our season starter.

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, January 17, 2007 1:53:00 PM, Blogger UltraMick said...

For your wrists: Route the cables on your bars underneath so that your hands aren't resting on them. Get a bike fit; you may be putting too much pressure on the wrong points. Make sure your position in front of your PC is ergonomically friendly (my right wrist is eternally sore from RSI). Don't crochet hats.

 
At Wednesday, January 17, 2007 5:55:00 PM, Blogger Kem Sports Management said...

I meant to ask when I talked to you earlier today. Has anybody seen El Gato lately?? I have called and texted him a couple of times and he never gets back to me....

 
At Wednesday, January 17, 2007 8:20:00 PM, Blogger Old as dirt said...

I saw him riding on Monday, either it was very icy, or he was doing one legged drill downhill!

 
At Thursday, January 18, 2007 9:05:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

JonnyCat got a new phone and has been hard to reach ever since. He stopped by HSP the other day, though, so he is alive and well. He's ready to go race in Bermuda soon for his Kelly debut. Try his email.

-Russell

 

Post a Comment

<< Home