Friday, December 15, 2006

Memory

Now, I usually don't brag about my memory. In fact, I've tried to set the bar very low otherwise I might be accountable for cleaning stuff up around the house when asked.

But, I have a very very hard time understanding why no one in the entire freakin' Puget Sound region seems to remember that a) it usually drizzles but b) we get at least one huge rain and wind storm a year. Every year the roads flood, the power goes out and the region shuts down. And every year we act like it's a surprise. How does stuff like this happen? Since we know it is going to happen next year if not again this year let's get the drainage around here fixed. Let's learn not to drive in the middle of the storm and not to go into flooding areas. Let's work on improving the electrical systems. And let's quit panicing after it hits.

4 Comments:

At Friday, December 15, 2006 3:53:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have owned a house for almost 4 years, and I still have no flashlights and just a handful of candles. Each year I'm hunting through the garage for my LED lights trying to find my way. A red blinky makes for a pretty crappy method of finding your way through the closet.

 
At Friday, December 15, 2006 11:11:00 PM, Blogger PNWBuckeye said...

This area seems to be all about being reactive and not proactive.

 
At Saturday, December 16, 2006 4:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

way to prepare Andrew... I thought I tought you better than that.

 
At Monday, December 18, 2006 7:09:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

road report:
south end - open
May Valley - open, westbound lane closed just west of issaquah-hobart road (which is also open)
newport way - open

missed you out there today, pruitt. 220w for 2h45... although you probably would have had to push 350 to stay with me, with all that junk in yo trunk. today was the only long/easy day so the rest of the week doesn't work, unless you want to do intervals with me...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home