Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Ask Tubbs

I am still wiped out from carrying Big O's bags and bike at Eugene Celebration. But, my mailbag is full and I can't let my fans down. So, I have secured the help of Darth Tubbs for todays edition. Without further ado... Ask Tubbs.

Dear Tubbs,
I am a local Eugene racer. My team wins every race down here. Here you guys come down, with your big teams, pimp bikes and attitude. Shouldn't you have let us win at least one stage?

~Hutchy Locally Cranky Dude.

Dear HLCD,
God it's hot. Why is it so hot? Maybe I shouldn't have attacked so soon.. do I have water? ok I think I can make it to the feedzone... is that Omer coming up to me?

Dear Tubbs,
You guys did a good job getting 2nd place overall with that attack on the final Stage. I don't understand why the other guys refused to help chase. Axley had already locked up 1st and with David in 5th it seems like it was up to the others to try to take the stage and maybe move up on GC.

~Tired From Seattle

Dear TFS
Is that the feedzone? Oh thank God. I need water.. the sweet sweet water. What??? I don't want any f^%&ing heed. I want water.. I am not yelling! I just need water..... What's a guy gotta do to get a little water?

Dear Tubbs
When is my Husband coming home? He posted that his season was over in June and now he wants to go do Parker Mainstreet in 2 weeks. He keeps saying he wants to race up to when our baby is born. Help me.

Mrs. PruDog

Dear Mrs. PruDog,
Oh thank God... is that you Johnny O? You got water.. no that's PDog's water... are you sure? OK I'lll have some? No, no I can't take his big loaf of bread. A massage? Well that's really nice. I feel great now! Thanks! I think i am going to win the TT and the crit tomorrow.


No, thank you Darth Tubbs for helping me out with the letter column. And thanks to everyone in advance for flippin' me road kill for negotiating an early release from Stage One. As I told Tubbs, don't be bitter cause I can negotiate a better deal than your team can!

5 Comments:

At Wednesday, September 06, 2006 5:04:00 PM, Blogger Old as dirt said...

Looks "Ask Tubbs" is not a very popular spot!! Won't pull in the advertisers? if comments are zero!

 
At Wednesday, September 06, 2006 5:08:00 PM, Blogger P-Dog said...

It may just be Tubbs-saturation. You know, like when an actor hits it big, ends up in every movie and people get burned out on him. Maybe I should declare PruDogBlog a no Tubbs zone (but you can still comment Ian!) for like a week! But can the blog survive on stories of Old As Dirt acting.. well old?

 
At Wednesday, September 06, 2006 7:17:00 PM, Blogger Old as dirt said...

No it can't, your audience can't relate to my generation ; -)
We need more of O and David Robinson.
I could start a scandal by saying you paid off the race officials last weekend so he could ride in your jersey without a team release!! Hope no officials read this though. Oh, I'm an official.

 
At Wednesday, September 06, 2006 9:56:00 PM, Blogger P-Dog said...

Dude, I think that's least of my shenanigans. I am surprised the one i won't mention for a week hasn't brought up my 5 hour stage "finish" on Day 1. I still can't believe they agreed to that. And the best part is I *didn't* have to pay anyone off.

 
At Thursday, September 07, 2006 7:34:00 AM, Blogger Old as dirt said...

But paying people off adds to the spice.
Saw the parker mainstreet website, dang that looks hard, tough field and 5,500ft elevation.

an old Irish racer/friend (yes, he's older than me by quite a bit!) Alan McCormack is registered for the Crit, he's still fast at 50+ and will drink (and smoke) all night long.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home