Wednesday, August 30, 2006

PR Post Race, 5am Ride & Team Axley 2007

PR Post Race
Last PR of the year and Craig won the Masters! I am sure his commmuter bell scared everyone into submission. Anyhoo I can no longer hold his lack of PR wins over him. Unlike our race it sounds like everyone managed to stay upright.

The Cat 1/2/3 field, on the otherhand appears to need work on cornering in the wet. From what I heard there were 2 or maybe 3 crashes? The only one I heard was on the last prime lap but it was behind me as I was staying on the WoW train. I was surprised by how many people try to bust in on the train.. you want to fight for the wheel of the guy who is being set up. Pushing in front of him will only get you flicked; a good train will stop if you push off the sprinter. My goal, though, wasn't to fight for primes. It was to take advantage of the split and attack (which I did on both primes). The 2nd one worked (probably due to the crash) and I got off in what eventually ended up being several solo laps and a couple with various other riders. I didn't expect to stay out so long, but the rain took a little of the zest out of the chase... a couple times I tried to ease up to let my break-mate recover.. I think I need to learn to be more ruthless and just go. Speaking of ruthless I am sure someone is going to ask why I didn't wait for the crash victims. Well, cause I am not Anton. He's the classy one :)

Side Rant: A lot of dudes where trying to push up into me on the 1st and 2nd prime lap and got a little testy when I pushed them back. 1st pointing out where you want to go does not give you the right to go there. 2nd, I'll let in a guy who will actually hold the wheel. But, if you are going to jack my draft and then gap off don't expect any love from me ever. I ain't gonna yell at ya; but I ain't given you the wheel.

I am not sure who won, but I am sure it was a WoW.. it looked to me like they were 3/4 of the finishing group.

Last time I thanked everyone for just being cool dudes and was ridiculed for my apparent softness. So this time I say screw all of you for not letting me win last night. There, I can be mean too.

5am Ride
Amzingly the 5am ride has been going strong. 2 days in a row. Wow. No ride Thursday; I think this will be the official off day. Friday 5am mellow.. UVillage SBUX

Axley 2007
In addition to Team Washington p/b Axley the local team is growing next year as well. Since word is already out we've picked up Ronnie Schmeer, DeLux, The Stallion and Ben Kaplan. I have a couple more bids out but our Cat 1/2 team is looking strong.. but our team is also capped out for '07. On the otherhand our Cat 3/4 team continues to whither. We have some cool dudes, but not enough to really have a full development squad. So... if anyone is interested we have room on both the Cat 3 and 4 teams.

7 Comments:

At Wednesday, August 30, 2006 12:05:00 PM, Blogger Old as dirt said...

I should put you on my Bastardo list for pilfering our team, but as you're such a nice guy (well,sometimes!) I'll let it go for now.

 
At Wednesday, August 30, 2006 12:36:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You just need to ask nice to be let in. Sad when the only thing I do well is PR.

Now it's baby time and time to find the running shoes.

 
At Wednesday, August 30, 2006 2:53:00 PM, Blogger P-Dog said...

No need for running; just join our 5am ride.. fathers only (except XXC).

 
At Wednesday, August 30, 2006 3:04:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need to get in basketball shape. I actually sorta decent at that sport - too bad I waste all my time on 2 wheels. Leagues start in a few weeks.

 
At Thursday, August 31, 2006 12:29:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Craigerific!

I think I need to take a lesson from you P-dog. I've been gapped a couple times by being nice and letting folks into line. Not many try to force their way in on me though. Guess they're afraid of the Sith Lord side of me. It's there, trust me.

5am!! I don't think the world exists at that time of morning. It's just an empty nothingness. At least until the sun comes up. ;-)

Nice team you're putting together there P-dog. Good for you. I'm so happy to see you doing something you enjoy and enjoying life.

Hoops eh Andrew? Hmmm, sounds like good clean winter fun. I think we need to get a bunch of cyclists together for a 3 on 3 tourney. THAT would be hilarious!

Speaking of clean winter fun, I think it's time to get the boards waxed and the boots fit!

See ya'll in Eugene or on the slopes!

Cheers!
-Ian

 
At Thursday, August 31, 2006 9:35:00 PM, Blogger Old as dirt said...

And the Sith Lord was cruisin' on his TT bike on Thursday evening....gonna crush everyone (well you and me) in that 3 mi tt on Sunday.

I'm an old geyser and you're gonna be a dad, what fun is it beating us??

 
At Friday, September 01, 2006 5:21:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

30+ Masters isn't about age, it's about schedule. 1pm starts were the prize of upgrading when I was 25 (single, out late, etc), but now it means I'm away from the house from 9am-6pm. Masters schedule means home by noon and still having a day with the family on the weekends. I'll gladly not contest finishes if it means I can get to more races that I'd have to skip otherwise. WSBA meeting is 10/21 to discuss.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home