Friday, June 02, 2006

Waiting for WADA

WADA has responded to the conclussions drawn by UCI appointed investigater Emile Vrijman.

I actually read the report. I suspect Dick Pound hopes you do not. I don't know if Lance was doped or not. But it's pretty clear WADA and it's labs think it's ok to cheat when it suits them. My complaint about WADA has been that they use tests and procedures that have not been subjected to peer review and independent validation. Instead they point to the successful validation of similar tests or protocals implying that there is a transitive property of scientific validation. There isn't.

The report is actually pretty damning as it finds (see page 58) that the analysis of Armstrong's samples used a protocol that even they admit has not been validated. Their defense is that it doesn't need to be because it was used for research. But that's not a very good defense when it was then used to incriminate someone.

I don't really like Lance. But so far, the only one I know lied to me is Dick Pound and WADA.

1 Comments:

At Friday, June 02, 2006 4:25:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two words: Dick Pound ... do you really even need to say anything more ... ?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home