Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Washington Cup Rd 3 and The Parachute

Dave Richter said it best, riding on antibiotics is like riding with a parachute on your back.

I started Market fully expecting to suck: I hadn't ridden since Sequim and was on day 4 of a 5 day antibiotic treatment for a sinusitus. If you count the amoxycillan I took on my own then it was 5 days worth. So it was somewhat frustrating to feel.. ok. I felt strong, not great but able to ride well. I could generate power, but it took about 2x as long to recover and each lap my HR was creeping up (yah that's right, I don't use power.. I will when they fix that 10% varience on accelerations).

Ironically, when I packed with 2 to go I felt worse than if I really was going bad. I could feel my body beginning to tire and didn't want to exhaust myself. That would be a sure fire way to let the sinus infenction get another foothold and really put me down again. But, it left me with a hallow feeling.. what should have been.

I haven't raced healthy yet this year, yet I've been good-very good in every race except Ohop, were I tried to ride great and blew.

I guess I also need to look at why I get sick about this time every March.. perhaps allergies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home