Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Cheating: It's Not Just For Cyclists Anymore

Sorry honey, Barry ain't clean.

Meanwhile, the UCI basically defends Lance. The key point, imo, is the sentence:

However, he added: "The procedure used for these samples was one used for research purposes and didn't follow the protocol for samples tested for possible disciplinary proceedings. There was no protocol so the results cannot be proven nor accepted as proven."


This too me sums up the problem I have with WADA. Science isn't based on trust, you have to follow protocols and rules of validation. Yet WADA likes to skip those protocols, redefine validation to fit its criteria and basically say "trust us". That's not science. Even if they are right. Lance may be guilty. Hell, if I had to bet my life on it I'd bet he is doped to the gills. But, that's my opinion. WADA clearly thinks he's guilty too, but until they start meeting basic scientific requirements such as using a validated test, they haven't proven it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home