Tuesday, December 06, 2005

This Sucks: Anil Ramaya

I found out yesterday that Anil Ramaya died recently. I wouldn't say we were friends, but I knew him and he was friends with several of my friends. Either way it sucks. Anil was probably the smartest person I've personally known, and in some small way I think contributed to my own humility. Yah, right, I'm humble. Well, I don't hold much false modesty. There are some things I know a lot about and am not afraid to call B.S. in those specific areas. But, and this I think is real humility, I also know that there are a lot of things I don't know much about.

I think a lot of that is because I knew there were smarter kids at Charles Wright than I who would call B.S. on me if I just made crap up. As I grew older, i realized many of those kids weren't really smarter. But Anil was.

So, thanks Anil. Whether you knew it or not you did impact my life for the better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home