Thursday, December 15, 2005

Hasbro's Creative Control on Sigma 6?

Is this true? I'd like to see the source evidence for this statement.

I was a huge BeastWars fan, and my understanding (derived from interviews with the creative folks like Marv Wolfman, Bob Skit, etc) was that Hasbro maintained a pretty handsoff approach. They would approve overall story concepts, and veto or request certain elements. But they stayed out of the day to day. Those same sources indicated that the move toward "anime" style was to reduce overhead for Hasbro, which would argue against them exerting more energy to showrun Sigma 6. So Hasbro, might have a directive against overt sexual character designs, but would not be dictating specific character wardrobe. So I don't think that the post's implication is correct.

Rather, Ash's seems more probable.

It's certainly possible this changed, but I'd like to see the source. I find that kind of stuff fascinating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home