Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Bureaus Of Dori's Ass

So, to torture myself, I spent part of yesterday listening to Dori. One topic was the 20 million in FEMA money that local officials lost. The contention was that FEMA had given local officials $20 million specifically to work on levy's. Now, 90+% of the money is unaccounted for. Local officials claim that it was spent on levy work, but are unable to provide a paper trail.

Now, as with many of these type of assertions, it is my impression they are meant to show Bush is being unfairly blamed because it's the locals that mismanaged things.

If true, the allegation only substantiates the impression I have: city, state and federal officials f*ed up. I harp on Bush cause I can't vote for LA officials state and local but I can vote for or against Bush.

The big problem I have though is that there was no source referenced for the allegation. I did some looking and was unable to find any article or document about the supposed money.

At what point are you so ideologically driven, so determined to believe you were right to support Bush that you loose any sense of objectivity. Did you just repeat what you heard? Or was it a GOP talking point?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home