Saturday, May 07, 2005

State Road Race Championship Jitters

In 30 minutes I am off to the Washington State Championship Road Race. Per usual I have no idea were my WSBA # is. I am sure I put it somewhere completely logical. Clearly, losing my number the day of the race is some psychological twitch.

It should be a fun day. On paper, last weeks Masters State Championship was harder. The talent was deeper and the course much harder. But that could easily change depending on who shows up unexpectedly. The only heavy hitters I know will be there is Benaroya Research Institute. Russell and Chad are always strong, but so far their season hasn’t been as good as last years. But, as many teams learned, that may not mean anything. We kept a low profile waiting to strike when it mattered and they could be doing the same thing. The Valley seems to have a lot of riders going to Columbia Plateau so may not have the depth to match their talent. And who knows about First Rate. If Ronnie shows up or Carlton gets fast like he can…. And Ben has a motor if he makes the right break.

Our plan is simple. Attack. We are the team least interested in a spring finish so it’ll be up to us to make the race. I’ll be on early patrol so if I can survive past the ½ way point I’ll be happy. If all goes well we will have 2 guys in every move. And my money is on Andrew this week, since Michael should be heavily marked out.

Well, it’ll play out on the road.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home