Monday, March 03, 2014

I'm sorry, I didn't know how this bike racing thing worked...


What's better than an off-season of unusually dry weather?  Torrential rainstorms once the season starts of course.  With all this rain of course I had to find a race to do and OBRA did not diappoint with the Dirty Circles #1 RR.  At a svelte 30 miles for the Masters 1/2/3 field it seemed the perfect way to get my suffer on.   Of course Frank & Randy told me to f&^^ off  excitedly agreed to join me in the adventure only to bail out once they realized there would be some slight humidity.

Luckily I hacked Velez's phone so he thought the forcast in Woodland WA was for 80 degrees and sun.  Sucker!  I think he knew something was up when we parked in the sand pit parking lot and he noticed a couple puddles.....

Hater McHaterson from Hatersville

Some observations on the race: while the 20 year old me would be online complaining about the short distance it seemed way more humane to my 43 older self.   Also, for a flat race with only 2 real turns dudes sure had a hard time riding in straight line.  Also some guys freak out if you take your jacket off in a race .. cause I DON'T CARE THIS IS A F&^^ING CAT 1/2/3 RACE.  Seriously, if someone taking there coat off is gonna cause you to crash maybe consider you are riding in the wrong category?????

Anyway, a fun way to get the season started!

3 Comments:

At Monday, March 03, 2014 11:17:00 AM, Blogger Randy Salamon said...

Observation: Use spell check more often.

 
At Monday, March 03, 2014 11:53:00 AM, Blogger P-Dog said...

I spelt fine enough.

 
At Monday, March 03, 2014 7:37:00 PM, Blogger justfivegrins said...

Shameless Team Link needs to be updated.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home