Friday, December 21, 2012

Getting Cold.. er warm?.. feet

Well, I thought it was end of line for 2012's Kermesse season.  PruDog is busy!  PruDog has a life!  PruDog talks about himself in the 3rd person!

But enough of you have demanded/begged/emailed me to remind me how awesome the series is to think of a compromise.  Would there be interest if the series wasn't sanctioned?  We'd still have the course and capture the top 6 but wouldn't have officials or all the behind the scenes stuff that take up time.

Thoughts?

3 Comments:

At Friday, December 21, 2012 4:14:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My own guess is that a non-sanctioned kermesse probably would draw only a small crowd, much smaller than a sanctioned one. I don't know anything about the details involved in the behind the scenes stuff, but there's gotta be teams somewhere willing to work with you, no? Teams with a good mix of road and cross racers???

A serious and urgent campaign to save the kermesses (or at least one kermesse) and Ronde Ohop is in order....


 
At Sunday, December 23, 2012 8:42:00 PM, Blogger Conrad said...

I would do a non sanctioned race. Frankly- with everything that has come to light about the people in charge at UCI and USA cycling this year- I am not really into mailing a check to USA cycling this year. I wish the WSBA and MVA would enertain the idea of going privateer as OBRA has done.

 
At Wednesday, December 26, 2012 9:44:00 PM, Anonymous G'rilla said...

Who cares about sanctioning?! A good bike race and a fun experience are what it's about.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home