Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Shut up, that's why!

Yes it's true! I am promoting two Kermesses in February (not to be confused with the 2012 Keller Rohorback Road Race also in February but without any dirt). More details to come -- just waiting to wind through the new, improved USACycling permit system. These races are the first to snap to the new system that assigns WSBA/USACycling points all recognized categories regardless of whether that Category is it's own field -- not that different from how we did the WA Cup series in 2011.

Also, too, dirt! The these will have more dirt and I am recommending big big tires! Maybe a cyclocross bike -- but like the other Kermesses these aren't technical courses.

Finally, why February?? Well because turnout drops in summer. It just does. And I have you know, a job and summer is my busy time. So, if you want more summer races -- promote them.

Actually, don't. One thing that worked well last year was having one race a weekend. It made that race viable instead of splitting the market.

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, December 13, 2011 9:53:00 AM, Anonymous andrew said...

I'll be there if you have a Single Speed category. I'm not racing my good bike on dirt/mud, but i've got a janky SS cross bike I don't care about.

 
At Tuesday, December 13, 2011 10:16:00 AM, Blogger P-Dog said...

In all seriousness I have been thinking about it.

 
At Saturday, December 31, 2011 9:38:00 PM, Anonymous andrew said...

in all seriousness i might race then

 

Post a Comment

<< Home