Monday, December 28, 2009

Dope bloggin'

Well, it looks like Tom Zirbel popped too.

I think this is interesting personally because I actually know Tom from when Axley sponsored Priority Health. He's a super nice guy and I really like him. His tendency to fall off his bike gives him an accessable quality many athletes lack. And the last time I saw him he was flying back to Colorado, where he famously nearly died.

All that background is for the purposes of establishing that I have no axe to grind with him. In fact I have every incentive to justify his actions and start my "Free Thor" website.

But, yah know, being nice and being ethical not the same thing. I hope Tom is exonerated, but even if he is not I won't sucker punch him the next time I see him. On the otherhand every result he has ever gotten in cycling is, for all intents an purposes, tainted and a 2 year suspension will be just reward.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home