Monday, December 22, 2008

Fail

Ever since I realized that those ads in the back of the stranger were for hookers, I have been fascinated by the not-so secret sex industry in Seattle and Mayor Nichols apparent desire to kill it (along with the club scene). I don't have a dog in this fight since I haven't really seen evidence one way or the other that hookers or strip clubs lead to the moral and civic decay their detractors claim.

And I suppose it's possible that without Nichols crusade we'd be that hotbed of sin Portland. But I can't help but notice that we have more strip clubs now that we did before he took office.

2 Comments:

At Monday, December 22, 2008 9:18:00 AM, Blogger Andrew F Martin said...

You'd have to ask Mr. Iannotti - he has some great hooker stories.

 
At Monday, December 22, 2008 9:46:00 AM, Blogger Old as dirt said...

I heard our mayor and his cronies want to shut down the strip clubs so he can start his own clubs in Georgetown.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home