Friday, December 19, 2008

Dude's a constitutional scholar

Cross National's seemed to be overflowin' with reptilian core. Frankly, I am not surprosed. In fact, I am more surprised that fights don't break out more often. A bunch of dudes (guys and gals) redlining in close proximity to each other with bikes swingin' round for 45+ minutes in a high-pressure environment isn't exactly conducive for calm, rational behavior.

I do find it odd that so many people seem to believe they have the right to heckle other people:

"I shouted a few off-the-cuff remarks, not anything obscene," he said. He said Book told him to show some respect and McAninch responded that he had the right to express his opinions. McAninch said Book put his hands on his shoulders and a shoving match ensued. emphasis mine


I guess I should give McAninch props for not ivnoking the first amendment. But, for the record, there is no "right" to express your opinion at a private event or to heckle people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home