Thursday, July 03, 2008

The Sonics decision

I was going to write a long detailed post about the Sonics settlement reached yesterday. I think it was an excellent deal for the city, especially given the alternatives.

From the very non-scientific sampling of callers on sports radio it sounds like there is a lot of anger towards the City and mayor Nichols. I guess my question is, why? I understand the anger and disappointment. But while I heard a lot of accusations that Nichols et al did not "step up to the plate" I guess I don't understand what they failed to do? What is the better option that was left on the table? Beyond a desire to make the Bennett sell the team to a local buyer, which they can't compel, what real actions was the city supposed to take?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home