Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Mixed Feelings

Tom Boonen is out of Le Tour.

I have mixed feelings about this. First off, I have never used illegal drugs. I've never even tried them. The closest I've gotten is the percocet they gave me when I had my wisdom teeth pulled and I quite using that after 1 day. I am not sure if that gives me more objective perspective or if it makes me more naive.

But why the F(^% does it matter if Boonen is doing more blow than Scarface? As long as he isn't using it in the race, why does anyone care? Let's be real: I am willing to bet good money that a random drug test of WADA and the UCI's staff would reveal at least a quarter are into the bag themselves. Doesn't this smack a bit of societal hypocracy?

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, June 11, 2008 4:24:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all, welcome back! It was becoming discouraging not seeing your take on things for so long.

As for Boonen, I am happy to see that his team is holding faith and standing by him. They realize he has produced in the past and did something stupid. However, if he does not clean up and play it straight then he should be fired.

I do agree that random testing of WADA and UCI staff would have some positive results. Do as I say not as I do...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home