Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Real Reason I am not blogging much

I am head deep in getting my PMP certification. That means classes, one of which is a technical writing class so all my witty observations and general crankiness are being expressed there. Now I started taking these classes in order to put some formal training and organization around methodology and skills I've used for the last 6 years.

However, as I've started looking for a Project Management position I've realized that so many companies require the various certifications (some of which didn't even exist when I started my PruSports) and so many "exam cram" classes have popped up that the certification in and of itself is in danger of becoming meaningless.

All of which is a set up for this website.

1 Comments:

At Friday, May 16, 2008 9:20:00 AM, Blogger Andrew F Martin said...

One of my best managers once told me:

Those who can...do.

Those who can't...get certified.

Then again, it might be nice to have PiMP on your business cards.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home