Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Stungunner revealed

Remember the Ohop? I mean the eyewear, not the bike race. We sold something like 75% of our initial POC run in 1 month (I guess that proves that concept doesn't it). Well, my pick for the next "blink and you missed it" model is the Stungunner. While it's intended to fill that leisure-wear gap in our line that the Shiva vacated it's a pretty damn good sports glass as well.





Is it grey? Is it metal grey? dark silver? I don't know... but it's got that sweet pink trim that says "that's right, there's pink trim on my eyewear, wanna make something of it?" And besides, pink is the color of the Komen foundation, which is trying to end breast cancer so quit being so insensitive! For those of you who still can't be seen in pink, we have a version with pewter trim as well.

The trim is an integrated grip for both the temples and nose to keep the slip-goblins off balance. It's a full orbital for lower orbital safety and frame stability. The lenses are from Carl Zeiss' field of play series: it a red colored tint for high contrast and a medium tint originally designed for shooting. Since it's a Carl Zeiss lens, the clarity allows it to be used in a wider variety of lighting condition than lower quality lenses. Examples of optimum uses overcast days, wet days or MTB in a variety of low-medium light conditions.






As you may have heard, we may be an Italian company* but we do have a Seattle office so what better for a color than Espresso Roast?

Besides the frame color, the Espresso Roast also sports a different lens. Also from Carl Zeiss' field of play series and formally known as the Triflection Grafite lens she's got a medium contrast green color paired with a darker tint. This provides some enhanced contrast while also blocking more light: it's more of a Sunlens that can be used for Sport. Use this when the major obstacle is the sun itself.

Now I know that you are beside yourself with excitement and really wanna go buy a pair right now. Well, you have 2 options. I highly encourage you to chose the first option: buy a pair from either Recycled Cycles or Kirkland Bicycles. They both have them and you can go in and try them on to make sure they fit. Option #2 is to buy them directly from us. Happy hunting.

*For those that don't get the joke.. well if I have to explain it I guess it isn't funny.

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, September 04, 2007 6:55:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweeeeeet!! I pick up a set yesterday and love them.

 
At Tuesday, September 04, 2007 1:53:00 PM, Blogger bigtuna said...

Is Spoke and Sprocket no longer a dealer?

 
At Tuesday, September 04, 2007 2:01:00 PM, Blogger P-Dog said...

They are; I just haven't taken the new stuff down yet.

 
At Tuesday, September 04, 2007 2:31:00 PM, Blogger bigtuna said...

Sweet. I want to see these new puppies in person. Having been around Oakleys for sometime (both selling them and racing in them) I watched the quality crumble over the years while marketing BS increased.

Hopefully you can get down to SandS soon. They are our shop of choice and recently outfitted my wife and I on new rides -- a Serotta for her and a Torelli for me.

It also blew me away to see Craig on your site as we used to train together. If you don't mind, say hi to him from a Mt. Shoppe friend and crazy hill climber.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home