Saturday, October 07, 2006

The Sweet Smell of Victory

Sick, deaf and hacking. And yet I still managed to take 3 of 4 sprint points. That's right; even with the new pressure of being proclaimed PruPuppy's Best Cyclist Ever I came good. Although, I was expecting to get ticketed by one of the Wines of Washington Super Troopers......

And don't worry 2xC.. I won't mention your tendency to fall over... oops. Sorry.

And finally, here's the link to live updated of the Furnace Creek 508. As in 508 Miles. Yah, Emde is doing it again this year. Last year he got 3rd after leading most of the race. The top 3 all went faster than the previous course record. My bet is he wins this year. His totem is “Alpine Ibex”. Here are some pics from the start this morning. Go Emde!





http://www.the508.com/2006web/index.html

7 Comments:

At Saturday, October 07, 2006 5:22:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Littering and...
Littering and...
Littering and...

http://tinyurl.com/m7kvf

Smoking the reefer!

 
At Saturday, October 07, 2006 5:57:00 PM, Blogger Double C said...

Pru-

I have lost so much weight recently with all the hard work, training & dieting that I think the wind just blew me over like I was a leaf or maybe a feather, yes a feather. It is a good thing that I have been taking all those ballerina classes too, I fell with such grace & accuracy that my dance teacher would have cried, I am getting misty just thinking about it.

That’s right I said it!

X2C (Double C)

PS…
I do not like condensing the nonsense on myself, not nearly as much fun.
See you in the am.

 
At Saturday, October 07, 2006 7:33:00 PM, Blogger Old as dirt said...

Michael is really putting it to them in the 508, he's leading by 21 mins after 152 miles. Though still a LONG way to go.Last years winner is almost 1 hr back.
He should get all te city limit sprints, so Axley are kings of the city limit signs today.

 
At Sunday, October 08, 2006 7:03:00 AM, Blogger P-Dog said...

he's up to 22 minutes at 280 or some miles...

 
At Sunday, October 08, 2006 1:30:00 PM, Blogger Old as dirt said...

He didn't win he CRUSHED them!!

 
At Sunday, October 08, 2006 3:13:00 PM, Blogger UltraMick said...

AWESOME, Mr. Alpine Ibex! That is just totally cool!

 
At Sunday, October 08, 2006 6:09:00 PM, Blogger P-Dog said...

he crashed between time check 2 and 3 (the checks he only gained 1 minute) so the win was impressive. He ended up just around 30 minutes off his time last year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home