Thursday, April 06, 2006

Webmasters Gone Bad: The Gift that Keeps on Giving

When we bought distribution of Axley eyewear we inherited a few things. One was a webhosting service which seemed ok at first. But as things went along and we learned more we found that the webmaster had a tendency to... well do stuff he thought was best without asking. Sometimes in violation of what we asked.

We fired him last fall. But every once in awhile get bit by something he did. So today we get a cease and desist from using Stephano Baldini's image on our website. That's odd I thought, we don't use Stephano's image. He isn't under contract; we knew this because we asked to use it. Axley Italy said no. We had to destroy a stack load of catalogue's because of it. So of course we aren't using his picture. So I go to the sponsorship page and low and behold there it is. And how did it get there? Well, I know Verio didn't put it there. I didn't put it there. So who did? Only one person can tell.

The gift that keeps on giving.

1 Comments:

At Thursday, April 06, 2006 11:26:00 AM, Blogger P-Dog said...

Man, the more I stew on this the angrier and angrier I get. Talked to the lawyer and we are free and clear on this. But, it isn't fair to us, Axley Italy or Baldini. And, I doubt we have any recourse cause Unfenced is broke as far as I can tell.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home