Friday, April 07, 2006

Frozen Flatland Results: Say What?

The results from Frozen Flatlands are in.

Before I begin complaining I want to say that FF has been one of my favorite races. tactical controversy, wind, fun.

As an omnium, the race had a GC which was decided by points. In the flyer, website and race announcements prior to each stage it was stated that riders had to start each stage for their points to count on GC. But apparently sometime after the race finished and results were posted, the organizers decided to change the rules.

Huh?

This is relevent as it cost me 10th on GC and perhaps a higher spot as I might have ridden differently during the race. The tactics of a single day and a GC event are different. In fact, had it not been for the "start every stage requirement" I wouldn't have raced Saturday. I only came to ride for the team on GC. That 10th is relevent because WSBA Rankings only go 10 deep. So by finishing 12th, I get no points.

Bogus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home