Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Feeling Blah, Boonen and Controversy.

Well, so much for my sprinting career :) PR came and went. So did I, right off Jonny's wheel in the finish. Sadly in the wrong direction. Just didn't have it in the finish. WoW had about 100 guys in the field (for about 560% of the total). Props to Joltin' Joe for telling them to attack and chase regardless of who was or wasn't up the road.. in otherwords no 2005 style sittin' in the break or breaking up chases. Cool.

I felt pretty slow all race. Just didn't have any pop. I guess that happens. Jonny gave me a lot of good feedback after the race though and with a little bit of tactical savvy I could have done a lot better. But it's PR, and it's for learnin'

Cree is trying to stir-up some controversy at Cycling Soup. I am not sure what is funnier, the idea that I might actually believe I am like Boonen (I don't, I just think his mental approach is worth emulating) or that of 1 vote cast I see to be leading. Boo Yaa! If II resemble anyone, it's Robert Wright. Go see blogging heads to see the similarities.

But as Floyd Landis said, a little drama is a good thing. So let me toss this out to really get the fire fanned:

"Contacted at his home, Pruitt noted that if anything Boonen is like Pruitt. 'Hey look at our birthdates, the guy is clearly copying me'. I've won a round of PR, what has he ever done? (other than the Ronde, Roubaix, World Champs, ...............)"


But wait, by the transitive property would that make Anton my body double? This train of thought is disturbing my fragile mind.......

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, April 19, 2006 3:37:00 PM, Blogger P-Dog said...

That's what happens when you win everything. Every cyclist in the world wants to be like you (Boonen, not me!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home