Tuesday, April 25, 2006

eBay problems.. or reading is fundamental

Got an irate email this morning from an eBay bidder who, god love him, can't read.

He bought Crotchity's putter. Cool. Sent payment. Unverified paypal account. So I send him an email to the effect of "congrats. thanks for payment, but before I can ship it I need you to confirm that address".

So he emails back with some reason he can't. Since he's local I suggest a hand delivery.. I'll refund the paypay, he gives me cash all good.

He says no, but adds he reread my listing and it doesn't say anything about needing a verfied or confirmed account. So I respond, "uhh yah it does right there in payment instructions". No response. Then Friday I get another email. Hey, he says, I got my address verified can you ship now. Well, I was at this point in Walla Walla. So I email him saying sure, as soon as I get back to Seattle. So yesterday (72 hours later including a Sunday) I get an email asking where the heck the putter is and accusing me of trying to rip him off.

Uhh...

Maybe it's a scam on his part.. I don't know. But he seems to be a tad disconnected. Doesn't read the listing, read the emails and gets in my grill over it.

Oh well. Just had to shake my head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home