Friday, January 20, 2006

Small business advocates?

In my experience both as a small business employee, corporate lackey and small business owner, these so called "Small business advocates" never were. They were conservative groups promoting a conservative agenda under the guise of "small business advocacy". In fact, their role seemed to be convincing small businesses that conservatives were looking out for them because, see, they have small business advocacy groups and liberals don't.

I'll give Paul Krugman the benefit of the doubt on this, and he's said that the health care bills aimed at walmart will have no net negative affect and may improve the situation. I'll admit that doesn't agree with my gut. But, I am smart enough to recognize Krugman is usually right (I think the number was 80% of the time) so I'll defer to his superior knowledge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home