Tuesday, April 05, 2011

PruDog is Old

A quick break from bringing you the funny to thank all of you for an awesome ten years. I'm old today (that's 40 for those of you who didn't get the official "old now" rule book). Among other things it means that my attacks will be significantly slower, I will start wearing tube socks in bike races and demand we eat at IHOP.

It also means subjecting you to this gooey thanks for being you post. So, yah, thanks for being you.

Number one, thank to my wife for putting up with me. I know it's cliche (and she'll thank me for the same thing!) but thing bonding thing people not named Galen do with other people is hard! Let's face it, our love is like a rose and a bit thorny. The rewards are great but the work is epic. Thanks for putting in that work so we can enjoy the awesome parts too.

Second, to the cycling community: I've met a lot of awesome people, many through cycling (that includes the non-racing people too). The intertrons has helped create the illusion of friendship with people we barely know so I am always reticent to use the word "friend" to describe someone who isn't in my close circle. It always seems presumptuous that you'd be my friend just cause we sorta know each other (update: to be clear I mean presumptuous of me to think you'd want to be my friend). But on some level I feel like most of the people I know from cycling are friends, or at least people with a shared experience and bond that counts for something. I've always been impressed by the level of support and help cyclists have offered each other and on my birthday I want to thank you guys for being cooler than you may realize.

Thanks! Now get back to work.

4 Comments:

At Tuesday, April 05, 2011 7:21:00 AM, Blogger Andrew F Martin said...

Un-Friend

 
At Tuesday, April 05, 2011 9:07:00 AM, Blogger Brian said...

Dislike button?

 
At Tuesday, April 05, 2011 9:24:00 AM, Blogger P-Dog said...

Why? Too gooey for you?

 
At Tuesday, April 05, 2011 9:24:00 AM, Blogger P-Dog said...

I guess sensitive PruDog makes you guys uncomfortable. Can haz hug now?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home