Monday, April 04, 2011

Guest Editorial: Stage Racing is for the Young


Stage Racing is for the Young: A guest editorial to Nikos Mills
by Leonard "Bones" McCoy


I was working in sickbay when I found out Nikos had crashed and broken his fingers at Cherry Blossom this weekend. I knew something had to be done. Damnit! I'm a doctor not a cycling coach but this is getting ridiculous. We're all getting old Nikos, but doing Stage Races is a game for the young! There's a whole team of cyclists on the Garage that are counting on you for Cascadia. You need to get out from behind the stage race desk and get command of your crit team. And you need to do it before it's too late! Nikos, I'm a doctor and I'm your friend. Get back your crit team. Get it back before you turn into part of some bike collection. Before you really do grow old.

Now, I know what you're thinking. What about the young kids? What about the other team members who need my leadership at stage races? It's not about them and you know it. It's about you wanting to race your bike. Well Nicos, your a crit rider now and we have a saying back home "you ride the horse that got you here". I mean, are you out of your mind?

Listen, I know you don't like to lose. You're the only guy to ever beat the PruDog Test. And there's no one I'd rather beam into a bike race with. I'm sure your fingers will be ok in time for Cascadia. Well Nioks, I hear Flavio is riding Masters now. Well, you're gonna need a top sprinter, not another team captain who'll argue every little tactic with you. And they probably redesigned the whole team while you where away too! I know cyclists, they love to change things!

1 Comments:

At Monday, April 04, 2011 9:00:00 PM, Blogger nikos said...

You should see my Vulcan salute now!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home